Could you support other schools in their financial sustainability? Can you troubleshoot and make recommendations to Headteachers and Chairs of Trustees? Why not apply to be a School Resource Management Adviser with Cotswold Beacon Academy Trust.
Cotswold Beacon Academy Trust is recruiting experienced School Business Leaders to provide School Resource Management Advisers (SRMA) to schools in South West of England.
This exciting opportunity will enable schools to access peer to peer support in our region. To help them develop financial efficiencies and seek advice on the improvement of school business leadership and operations.
In partnership with CBAT you will deploy into schools, identified by the DfE, to carry out a review of systems and processes. To inform a strategic improvement report that you will deliver to the leadership of the school.
What will you need to do?
You will be required to undergo an induction and accreditation process, arranged by CBAT, with the Institute of School Business Leaders to ensure a consistently high standard of delivery. This will involve an online induction and a preparation information session by telephone. A desktop review and report exercise and an accreditation panel interview. On successful completion, you will commit to at least two deployments of up to five days per year. You can charge £400 per day plus up to £100 per day of travel expenses, payable via your employer school.
Successful applicants will receive full support and continued professional development from CBAT and its partners. You will be investing in your own continued growth as a SBM by sharing best practice, supporting others and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
The Accreditation process is robust and challenging to ensure you have the confidence and gravitas to deliver improvement advice and strategies to the leadership and governance of a school. The person specification defines the calibre of School Business Leaders required for Secondary, Primary and Special Schools in our region.
- Significant experience as a School Business Manager with at least 5 years in post.
- An active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Significant financial experience with proven skills in budget modelling, monitoring and reporting.
- A Level 6 qualification or comparable professional experience.
- A proven track record of supporting other schools’ operations.
- Effective training skills.
- Excellent report writing and IT skills.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
- A positive and supportive outlook.
- Flexible, friendly and a good communicator.
- Experience of both Academy and Maintained Schools.
- An understanding of MAT structures.
- Previous experience of deficit recovery.
- A ‘Finance First’ attitude.
- A Level 7 qualification or comparable professional experience.
- Specific skill, extended training or experience in one of;
- Human Resources
- Curriculum Timetabling
- Capital Funding
- Estates Management
- Procurement and VfM
- Application of IT in Education
Job Title: School Resource Management Adviser
Remuneration : £400 per day plus up to £100 per day travel expenses
Purpose: To be deployed to schools in the South West as requested by the DfE. To review practice, identify and advise on strategies with the aim of finding financial efficiencies, deficit recovery and improvement of the business function.
“SRMAs will be ‘school business experts’ who will use their expertise to help schools/trusts (SAT or MAT) to drive transformational change within the sector by supporting them to maximise their use of resources in order to deliver positive educational outcomes” Department for Education
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To identify issues and
provide challenge and scrutiny by;
- Investigating underlying reasons why the school/trust is facing financial difficulty, avoiding taking a single issue approach.
- Considering the extent to which the school/trust is taking an integrated approach to its curriculum and financial planning.
- Examining existing structure, plans and practices.
- Reviewing the efficiency with which the school/trust leadership is deployed to support the delivery of pupil outcomes.
- Based on the issues
identified, develop recommended actions for the school/trust to take to support
it to achieve long term sustainability, identifying the costed savings of
taking these actions. Recommendations should include as appropriate;
- Suggesting ways to streamline and improve existing plans and practices.
- Ensuring that recommended measures are proportionate and do not unnecessarily increase staff workload.
- Ensuring the time and capacity of school leadership is maximised.
- Seeking and/or signposting additional expertise and advice in matters outside their proficiency.
- Signposting existing support.
- Support the school/trust development of a financial recovery plan.
Application Form: School Resource Management Adviser
|Current Job Title:|
|Please give a description of your current job role:|
|Relevant Employment History:|
| Please give the name and contact details of your |
current line manager
Please send the information requested above and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be a SRMA and how your skills match the job description and person specification. Please send your application to Mrs Emma Gray, Finance Director, Cotswold Beacon Academy Trust, Cainscross Road, Stroud, Gloucestershire. GL5 4HE or email email@example.com.